Thursday, December 28, 2006

One of the highlights of...


this holiday season was spending time with "the girls" (left to right: Melody, Katie, me, Alyssa) taking an art lesson from my niece, Katie who teaches Art to high school and middle school students in Missouri. We used oil pastels on canvas that were shared by my sister, Melody. Not bad for a first effort, huh? I like Melody's trees and mountains much better than mine! But I must say, I do like the swirly-ness of mine. Melody and I used a photo from Scotland. Isn't it amazing how two people can look at the very same picture and come up with two totally different perspectives?! Kind of like life, huh? Anyway, I am very happy to now have a landscape to put on the wall next to my Mama's and Mammaw's. Sure, it isn't of their quality, but who cares...it's mine! For a closer look, click on the photo and then you can see details better...like Mel's mountains!

1 comment:

Guinevere said...

I love the different efforts of the girls! I know Katie must be proud too. Like you, Robin, I am amazed that two people can look at the same picture and paint different scenery! But, that's the beauty of art.