Sunday, September 22, 2013

To all those who see need and pray...

I say a heartfelt thanks..   We each must live the life for which God in His wisdom designs us.  I had the worst fibromyalgia  flare in the entire twenty years I have had to deal with this horrible disease.  From the time I left rehearsal at 6:00 until I got home at 7:00, I thought an invisible Mack truck had hit me.  I could hardly walk.  Every muscle, every bone, every joint in my body hurt and throbbed with pain.  Upon awakening the next morning, both my ankles, my knees, and my right hand were visibly swollen.  I have no idea other then God's mercy how I made it to school and through rehearsal the next day.  A dear, sweet Christian sister who brought her class to Music saw me and exclaimed, "Oh, Robin!"  I asked her to just pray and she did.  Several others who saw me in turn offered up prayer and good will.  I made it through.  I had no parent chaperone for the rehearsal that day.  Fifty nine 11 year olds on my own.  After just being honest with them about where I was, they were as good as gold, helpful carrying this and that, and quiet during stage direction.  I made it through.  The next morning I was so much better...and I made it through that day.  By this morning, you would never know I battle this horrible disease.  A flare can hit at anytime anywhere for any reason.  This one may have been triggered by finishing a round of antibiotics for a respiratory illness or just by the general stress of work.  Only the good Lord knows.  But by God's mercy, I have and will make it through...because we are promised  in James 1:12-14, " God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation...God never tempts anyone...temptation comes from our own desires which entice us and drag us away..."  [like a dangling bait on a fish hook].  So, the Lord decided I needed a testing.  He made this life.  He is responsible for this life.  It is His to do with as He chooses.  My desire is to be where He wants me to be, when He wants me to be there, doing His good will and not allow myself to be enticed away from Him.   And by His mercy, I will make it through.

No comments: