Saturday, June 23, 2007

Knitting Mania!!

Well...here they are. My first attempts at knitting. I must say I like it! I also like really short, instant gratification, kind of projects. Hence, the washcloths! This first one wasn't too bad...but not a square, more like a trapazoid! Somehow, I kept "adding" stitiches! Don't ask me how...



Then the second one came out abosolutely square! (the pic may not show that...AND it was wet at the time of the pic!) Yay!! Don't you just love the colors of that one...the yarn is call appropriately, "Fiesta"




And thirdly we have my very first patterned cloth...it was MUCH easier than I thought it would be! The pattern is called "Berry Basket". See, if you look close you can see different poofinesses that look like a woven basket. Don't see them? LOOK CLOSER, they are there...really they are!!! I wove this one a little too loose. But, hey, I'm learning.

Stay riveted on the edge of your seat (ha, ha) for the next one...it uses the Berry stitch and so far I have only ripped it out and started over about 5 times! It is such an easy pattern that is so EASY to mess up!!! ARghhhhhh! (Note to self...you are knitting to have FUN!!)

3 comments:

Alyssa Spring Corley said...

Super great...you're really getting a lot done. My first one was very "awkward"looking but the second one is coming out lovely.

Guinevere said...

Pretty cool, Cuz! I don't have the patience for knitting nor the dexterity. They are progressively looking better! :-D

Grammy said...

WAY cool! I'm super proud of you! Keep it up!