Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Last Wall

Last summer I redid my kitchen in Talavera and transferware pottery and bright colors on stark white walls. I have really enjoyed the effect and it was fun painting the plates for the walls. However, there was this one little short wall left over. At Christmas, a dear friend gave me a gift certificate to "All Fired Up", the pottery painting place. I saved it for the summer, meanwhile, contem"plating" that last wall. Last week, I went and painted the following for that last forlorn wall. I LOVE the way they came out! Thanks, Martha!!!




I love the flower on this one. It is patterned from a book mark my sister gave me....




This strawberry is my favorite strawberry. It is all lumpy like a real one....





These are my favorite grape leaves...

(See the archive for other pics of the plates done last summer.)

3 comments:

Grammy said...

VERY pretty! You did a really good job! And just in time for the tea, too.

Alyssa Spring Corley said...

Gorgeous! So bright and cheerful....you are rather artsy.

Anonymous said...

Good post.